Thursday, October 18, 2012

Domican Republic MTC - Oct. 18, 2012

Alright so I have a hard time writing because so much happens I can't even remember it all but I will try!

 I have still been watching general conference highlights every morning just two minutes  it is amazing how looking at the words right below the talk helps me to better study what is being taught. I've got to say having President Glazier here so close and personal with us is such a huge huge blessing he already knows me and I already feel close with him. Elder Jenkins and I are the district leaders of our district now and we got to teach the first lesson in sunday school It was avery spiritual expericne and I guess we did a pretty good job... Sister Glazier's brother in law said it was amazing how I taught and called me a "mini Elder Bednar"haha when he asked me how I got my knowledge of the gospel I didn't know what to say execpt for I love it at the time... but I realize that I got knowledge from trying to become a bettter servant of the Lord just in the past few weeks. President Gazier blew all of our minds with a insight on the scripture in Mosiah 3:19 and had us look at the process of becoming a saint and that when we are baptized we actually become saints hence the name of our church. Because the Holy Ghost gives us the power to put off the natural man we can become saints and the Holy Ghost is also a symbol of Grace. I have a whole new view of what grace is in my life. We looked up its meaning in the B.D. bible dictionary and I would ask you to do so too. Grace is what enable us to be like Christ. Also, if you all could look in 2 Nephi 31 and 32 and 3 Nephi 11 and 3 Nephi 27 these chapters are a huge part of what is so awesome about Christ's gospel they are of the doctrine of Christ in its most pure and simple form. We have pretty much only studied these scriptures this whole last week and we continue doing so. I didn't really know that our baptism meant nothing without the Holy Ghost, and that without the Holy Ghost a remission of our sins doesn't come. Our sins don't get washed away in baptismal water that is symbolic of us leaving our old natural man behind and becoming a new person ( Mosiah 27:24-26, 2 Nephi 31) I can't remember what verse in 2 Nephi 31 but it is there. Also, we learned about the Holy Spirit of promise and I didn't know that the Holy Ghost is what testifies that we lived up to our temple covenants or not when we are judged... therefore our covenants are also irrelevant without the Holy ghost to witness them and we are sealed when the Holy Ghost testifies that we have done all required of us look up th holy spirit of promise in the bible dictionary so many scriptures are about this that I never even noticed before.

 oooo k so My spanish is coming along really well I am actually thinking in spanish at times! I really look forward to the packet! and I wish I could be there to give you a big old hug mom! I love you all so much. I am working on playing soccer and basketball now because that is all we can really do at gym time here.. I have learned some cool tricks with a soccer ball, also I love my teachers Hermano Nuñez is amazing and really funny he worked with me on subjunctive tense yesterday and I am getting much better at it now. There are now people from Jamaica, San Vincent, Trinidad and the U.S. here I love the islanders and getting to know them we joke around and do lots of fun things together. I am going to miss it when they leave in two weeks to Jamaica and the West Indies.

Love you all! please keep me updated with sports and you lives. I love you mommy!
Be Happy and know that I am safe! P.S. I get to go to the temple every week that I am here so six times and then every 4 months after I am in the field! Love, Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment