Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012

Alright so today we had our Christmas party with 200 Elders all there and it was pretty awesome! Alot is going on, but I am still with my temporary companion. On the Bright side Elder Huanca told me that we have three baptismal dates in my actual area ! They all came to church this last week and loved it and I can't wait to talk with them.One of the investigators is Kenya and her eight year old son jose she finally committed to getting baptized she was just scared of getting baptized and then leaving the church. So I hope that going to church and feeling the spirit willl help her testimony grow and build her desire to follow Christ's example. I guess she really loved seeing her son in primary and wants him to be as happy as those children in the church are and she wants him to learn about our heavenly father and how much he loves him. Also, the whole week before my companion got sick we were looking for a reference whose name is Tony Zapata and we could not find his house. We had been praying that even though we couldn't find him that he could find the church and come, and he ended up coming this week that I wasn't there :) he is ready to be baptized according to my comp. and I can't wait to meet him. God really does bless us when we are faithful in prayer and he answers our prayers I know that I need to trust in him more than anything else if I really want to truly serve him.

What else..... everybody keeps telling me that I speak spanish very well, but I still feel like I can't communicate in the manner I want to completely, but the Spirit makes up for the things we can't say with our words and one of my favorite scriptures along the lines of that thought is 2 nephi 33:1 and 2 I feel like my desire to learn has grown substantialy and there isn't even enough time to study and learn what I want here in the mission field.

 If you could in the next package would you please send be some beginnerish books for playing the piano? I guesss alot of Elders have learned how to play in the field and I don't know how I am going to, but I want to try also! :) time is already starting to fly! However, some days seem longer than others. ha

 Please tell Troy and Jamie thank you for their package I am definately going to be able to use everything they sent : )

I hadn't heard about the shooting, but that sounds absolutely devestating and it breaks my heart to hear something like that happening, but I do hope that it does help people realize how much more we need to put our trust in God like you said. Keep me updated on sister mckee I don't know if I can watch that sight but I will try and find out.

 Love you! praying for you all!
Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment