Monday, May 6, 2013

05/06/2013 GLENN

MOm! I have some really cool stuff to share with you! Firstly, I love your little personal revelation you had, secondly I love the Macbeth's very much please tell them that. Baylin is very beautiful and Brittan is getting pretty big! I want to see more pictures of you all!
 
 The baptism was amazing. Going in the ocean is so weird as a missionary. haha We have had some very hard times but also a lot of success.The branch is blooming and many investigators are coming to church.We are now working alot with a part member less active family. The daughters are fromPeru and are married but want to be married in the temple just got to work with their husbands and get their lives in order. 
 
 We hunted iguanas with one of the husbands named fernando and ate them last night. It was delicious way better than chicken! Also, the other day they made us their country's dish sevichi.It is fish that isn't cooked but the proteins change as if they were cooked because of the lime they soak it in that catalyzes a reaction in the proteins by using enzymes...I am kind of still a nerd.. although I may not have even written that right don't remember the vocab well all I know was that it is now my most favorite food and I will learn to make it :).
 
Yesterday the coolest thing happened. Haven't really seen anything like it happen this way in church before.It was fast Sunday and an investigator that we have only met with  stood up to bear his testimony. Now let me give some background on him. His name is Glenn he has three daughters and a wife that only speaks spanish.He is from Curacao and she is from the DR. Also he is a translator and speaks the four languages here on the island perfectly. Well at first he didn't really want to meet with us he told us to come back next weekend so we did and he said I have ten minutes do you still want to come in? of course we said yes because contacts hardly every let us in here. He started talking alot about how hard life is here for the natives on the island that he doesn't understand how they live of of what they make and that families suffer because parents can't provide and this island has a very dark side that is corrupt with lots of drugs that kids start resorting to here because all there is to do is swim dive or sit at home. As he was talking I felt like I should give him the Family Proclamation to the World to him and show him the pictures of my family that I always keep with it in my scripture case. So I did that and he really started to get interested that a prophet that is actually called of God revealed it with twelve apostles. We were able to share the entire restoration because he wouldn't let us leave until we did and when we finished he said" you are coming back I am reading this proclamation with my family to prepare them and we need to hear this message together when can I go to your church and its activities?" most perfect first lesson ever... then we dropped out of contact with him because of all his work and the queen's birthday party festival going on.. we started to feel like he lost interest and was avoiding us. However, yesterday he walks in right as Railey is being confirmed with the Holy Ghost and sits down. He listented to all the testimonies stood up and said ( I was translating so I remember a lot of it.. even though he did start translating for himself after awhile since he speaks perfectly) " I never have felt as strange of a feeling as I felt right when I walked this little building, but I know this is all right every since I talked to those two young men I knew I had to come here but it was hard because I have been so disappointed by every church. I gave up a little I just want a place where I could go with my family. I don't want to go to church alone so I got so frustrated. I stopped going to churches it has been eight months that I stopped trying to go and when I read this paper that that missionary gave me I studied over it for two days( as he holds it up with his notes taken all over it) and I read it with my wife and she agrees with it and I feel it is right and inspired of God. Thank you for this paper, but I need all of you help because I want to be part of this church and I need my family to be here. I am tired of feeling so alone I can't take it anymore. I have no one here that cares for me except my family and I only stay here because they like it here and I don't want to take them from home. Please help me thank you for your help so far, but please help my family come be here together I know we need to be here when I got up and ready for church this morning my wife said where are you going I said to church and she asked me which one I told her you already know she smiled at me and I walked out the door. And something else just like these other people shared we need to help other people come here they need to feel this. This building isn't big enough to hold the spirit that there is here we need a chapel a big one and we are going to fill it with people because this is God's church." Yeah so that was probably one of my favorite moments in my mission the spirit was very strong. Besides that this week was kind of a blur went really fast and really busy I am just really excited to see this whole branch continue to grow ,
 
 Please send me more pics I love you! Elder Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment