Monday, August 12, 2013

08/12/2014

One more thing yesterday I realized that I have now taught people from Haiti, the DR, Canada, Holland, Jamaica, India, China, Surinam, Colombia,Venezuela, and Italy...it is really diverse down here haha Love you guys

This week was really great we received a new assignment from the branch president here and I really like it. We have a list of about four  hundred names and addresses and each week we are supposed to visit ten of them and find out if they still live there and if we have the right telephone number. It has really helped us to find new investigators but it is kind of sad to realize that all of those names are inactives.

I actually didn't spent that money on myself (I told him to spend some money for his B-Day) I had to use it to service the car since we didn't have enough for the car and the brake pads, but don't worry I have the money back and used it to buy breakfast at Denny's today:)

I am so glad to hear you were at the temple on my birthday there is no better place. It is strange to recognize that it has been such a long time since I last went there by the time I go to the DR it will have been a year.

This last two weeks we have had a lot of progress with and inactive that returned to church and he has come the last four Sundays he also  was really excited when we visited his house yesterday we got in and he couldn't stop smiling. He said his daughter had some good news for us. We have been teaching her a few weeks now and she prayed and got a very solid answer that she needs to be baptized on the 31st of this months. And if all goes well her father will be baptizing her! He is an amazing man and I find a lot of joy in being at his house and seeing him remember the testimony that he had and gained as a missionary when he served in Venezuela 25 years ago. He has told us he is never leaving again. I really think that the most rewarding way to work is teaching about the gospel of Jesus Christ to families that want to be together forever.

My last companion elder Bullen from the DR wrote me last week and told me the family of five we were teaching all got baptized last transfer and I just feel very happy that I was able to help those people at one point in their lives. I am glad you and Dad were able to go do that that sounds like fun :)

 So I really feel like lately that I have been doing a bad job at writing can you give me a few questions that you have so I can think of what I should say? sometimes there is so much it overwhelms me so I just don't say anything at all.I love you. I love our family so  much and miss you all I can't wait to here about your busy lives here in a few weeks! Love Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment