Saturday, May 24, 2014

5/22/14

Mom! I have time to write I think haha :) so this week transfers were basically starting from Sunday until Tuesday in the night time and I am still feeling the effects of the loss of sleep :) big schedule change for me. at 1 in the morning on Monday we got a call that we had to take a missionary to the Hospital then we spent the night there at the Hospital. we got home at 4 in the morning and slept until seven thirty then we took the missionary back to the hospital to meet with the Doctor. We got to the office at 12 in the afternoon we did a lot of random busywork and then we left to pick up some missionaries from the airport.  we slept in the MTC that night and woke up at three in the morning to take the missionaries that are finishing home then we went back to the MTC to pick up the new missionaries and take them to meet their trainers. After that we gave presentations and helped missionaries get to their areas. The part that I loved was that the last thing wedid was we got to take some elders out to their areas that I had never visited one was in Monte Plata and the Other was in Sabana Gran de Boya. That was awesome they live in the mountains and everything is green  those Elders are so lucky to have those areas they have very nice chapels and lots of active members also.I apologize that I wasn't able to write sooner it is just the first and last weeks of transfers are a little bit difficult. Lots of times we get interrupted and have to do busy work other times. We are working hard and we had something cool happen last week. An investigator went to church with a member and in just a week read the first 20 chapters of the Book of Mormon. He is doing very well, however has a lot of questions pertaining to things that are important, but not as important as some other basic knowledge I really hope that he can focus on his prayers and understand that if the Book of Mormon is the word of God then the message this church carries is a message that brings truth and clarity to a world of confusion. I Have really grown to love the Book of Mormon and it brings me peace...I have read quite a few other books in my life and I receive joy and feel certain emotions while I have read them, but the peace that comes from the scriptures is something that I cannot compare with any other wordly thing. It is a blessing to be serving and persisting in sharing the gospel with others and seeing the tests I am passing and my weaknesses I need those weaknesses to bring me back to earth because there are so many distractions in this life that for moments, sometimes brief and sometimes long,  that we disconnect from our spiritual identity as children of God and we have to be reminded that we depend upon Him as the rock of our salvation. Love you ,

Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment