Monday, June 24, 2013

6/24/2013

A small preface to the response about Daxton and what he said about Brennan:  Daxton is Brennans cousin.  We go to Park city every summer as a family.  Last summer Brennan bought a couple of little plastic RAMS for Travis to put in his office at HHS.  One was a Blue Smurf Ram and one was a Warrior Ram.  They are pretty cool.  This year on our trip Daxton went to the toy store and started his own collection of Ram toys because he wants to be like Brennan he told me.  When I asked him if he knew why Brennan was on a mission he said no so I told him that the reason Brennan is on a mission is because it is the right thing to do.  I said he went on a mission so that when Daxton and his other cousins are getting ready to  serve a mission that they will know they should because Brennan did because it was the right choice. So this is a good reminder that we never know who is watching and how much we really mean to them.


Wow that was really cool to hear about Daxton I am pretty sure he used to call me Brittan didn't even know that he knows my name.
 
So the Birthday thing... yeah don't worry about my birthday just send me some cool emails with pictures and maybe a few conference talks I can print out and study and give me to read when I am bored. I feel really bad I haven't writtne you all more I just need them to sent a tiny little email under their own names so that I don't feel like I am writing you everything I am saying to them I am also working on handwritten cards for all of you I just have to figure out where I should mail them out. The miami adress totally works I think the post office just messes up or can't figure it out so they send it back sometimes. They haven't sent me any dear elders and sometimes they bring down a few letters when somebody comes down to the islands, but for the most part I maybe get a few letters every transfer just a little hard to get them down here I guess.
 
Yeah that conference last night was absolutely amazing I learned so much and a lot of what was taught were answers to questions I have had. I really loved the video with the family and children of all ages going through all of their day's and the missionary work they did. I hope my family can be like that someday.
 
So this next part is just for Brea: Brea tell me how it was to go to the temple? was the walk fun? and how is softball? the other day I showed my companion a picture of you and I pointed out your cool magic eyebrow it is pretty awesome he was so pumped says he wants an eyebrow like that. I think about you often and hope you are really enjoying all the fun that you get to have with our family. so lately what has your favorite song been and why? and what was the funniest thing that happened in park city? I love you brea this week write me a little email just from you and I will be able to talk a little more.
 
 Next is for Brittan: Hey bud I heard about Boise and it sounds like you did awesome so I have a funny story for you the other day I was showing a thirteen year old girl investigator some pictures of our family the ones we took pretty close to right before I left and she was looking at them and thought I was you and I said no that isn't me she then said,"Why aren't you in your own picture with your family I can't find you in it it sdoesn't make sense" I then told her I am the guy in the purple shirt. and she replied, " No way you used to actually have muscles and my companion and I just started laughing our heads off haha I guess I must have shrunk a little bit since I left. I hope you got to see some of the mission conference last night it is probably one of the most important meetings that will ever take place during our lives it was very inspired every last part of it the stories and the videos I know it is what all of us as members in the church need to apply in our lives. So give me a heads up on what you have been up so and how was the sky coaster. Dying to hear from you love you britt!..................
 
ok back to the family letter. I have been doing good learning lots about myself and found out that if we pray to God to ask us to be happy doing his will throughout the day he actually helps us to feel more peace and enjoy his work. I have been thinking a lot about what is really going to make me happy in my life with all temporal goals set aside and I know by what I have learned that my only true happiness comes from reconginzing I am a son of God, remembering that, and trying to live like his only begotten son lived. I feel like I am unhappy when I am not trying to develop attributes of Christ. That is what I need to do to be happy with myself.  Prayer has also become very important for me so that I can know what I am doing and preaching is true and I have got to pray for faith and then live faithfully showing through obediance that I believe these things are ture. Love you all so much! Elder Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment